Monday, May 28, 2007

Day 1

I am using this as a diary of what happens in the next 40 days. 40 days of fasting media and whatever else God tells me to leave behind as I seek Him on behalf of our nation and the world.

I have started fasting food today. For the next 10 days I am drinking only a lemon juice mixture that is also good for bodily cleansing.

Unfortunately, I had a headache yesterday and it has continued to this moment. Should I take medicine for it? Hmm. I'm going to have to. I feel very foggy in the brain right now.

I had to cook dinner for my family and it smelled so good. The thought has occurred to me to not even try to give up food, but then I felt this righteous anger rise up. If I'm willing to fast and pray for this generation and if others are, what kind of difference can we make for the future of our children and theirs. I know that in 3 days it will be a little easier, so I march on.

I did have to work on a message about travailing today. And, yes, it was travail. Between my head and the fogginess, it was hard to do much more than read and pray. Wow, my body is really mad at me right now.

1 comment:

Mrs. Hawk said...

a lemon juice mixture? interesting. I will be praying for you. Do not give in. Stay the course.